Friday 3 January 2014

the Balm- Bahama Mama Bronzer REVIEW!!!


Im probably a lil’ late but let me begin by wishing all you beautiful people out there a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2014!!
I welcomed the New Year partying with my friends and then woke up the next day with a massive hangover… but I think most people wake up that way on Jan 1st…. lol!!
What did you guys do??

Today il be reviewing The Balm- Bahama Mama Bronzer that I bought last month. I was in search of a good bronzer since forever but I was so particular about the kind I wanted that I never seemed to find one. I hate the way foundations make the face too even toned, in a bad way (read, Edward from Twilight!!) and bronzers add some human colours to my face and give it some dimension.


I zeroed upon Benefit Hoola and The Balm-Bahama Mama as both had all the qualities I wanted but The Balm was a lil’ reasonably priced so I went with it and bought it from feelunique.com

Packaging (Rs.1365/- for 7.08 gm)

I have always loved the quirky packaging of The Balm products including my Holy Grail highlighter The Balm-Mary Lou Manizer that I have reviewed here
Bahama Mama comes in a uber cute cardboard box case that opens and shut with a distinct magnetic click. The packaging is perfect for a clumsy person like me who is constantly dropping and cracking plastic packaging. The case also comes with a reasonable sized mirror which comes really handy for touch-ups. It does not come with a brush which is ok with me.


Product

As you can see from the pictures, it has absolutely no traces of glitter or shimmer, and i love this bronzer for that. The bronzer comes in a pressed powder form and is extremely soft and finely milled and has no orange undertones which tends to make you look dirty and weird.
I love multi-tasking products and this is definitely one multi-tasker. I have used it as an eye shadow, contour powder and of-course a bronzer. So versatile!!!



Pigmentation
Bahama Mama is perfectly pigmented and ladies with fair to medium skin tones will love it. The colour is definitely buildable but ladies with deeper skin tones may find it a lil’ light for their liking to contour with it or as an over all bronzer.


Longevity

It lasted for about 6-7 hours on my oily skin which is phenomenal.

Verdict

Needless to say im in love with this product and surprisingly there is nothing I dislike in it. Totally HOLY GRAIL material!!
……and thus my search for the perfect bronzer, ends here!! I can die in peace now!!

Which is your favourite bronzer??!! COMMENT!!XOXO



5 comments:

  1. Looks like a awesome bronzer ... Well reviewed dear ! This one goes in my must buy list
    Kisses
    http://beautyndbest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great bronzer; was contemplating on purchasing during thebalm sale that we hauled off but went against it as I am pretty happy with Benefit's Hoola bronzer. Great review :)
    ♥ M&L
    Enter our Bloggiversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have been TheBalm fan since forever and im glad i bought Bahama Mama because it did not disappoint. I would love to own Benefit Hoola too because everyone i have met raves about it. Thanks for stopping by my blog n i will definitely enter your giveaway!!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your blog!! Seriously great stuff! :) haha, anyway, I really need to try out more from the Balm! I only have a thing or two but I'm really impressed with both of them!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete